Search the law databases
You can find legal maxims, the full text of case law and acts both in force and not in force, bibliographic references for notes to judgments or laws, as well as the revised text of the Codes. The databases – Italgiureweb della Cassazione, Leggi d’Italia, Pluris, Dejure, Fisconline, Foro Italiano, and LexisNexis Academic – provide different search tools, such as normative or case-law reference, topic or keyword, issuing authority, and parties.
Find the material available on the internet for free
Consult the DFP online index for Public Source Documentation on the web, but remember the following:
- On the website of the Chamber of Deputies you can find laws from the 13th Parliament on, bills, and a vast range of documentation on parliamentary activity.
- Regional legislation is available on the Legislative Assembly sites for each region. A complete list is available on Normattiva, the portal of current laws.
- Texts from the Official Journal of the European Union (from 1998 on) are online, including European Law.
- On the website of the Constitutional Court or Consulta Online you can find the full text of judgments, which you can also find on the website of the Corte dei Conti (i.e., Court of Auditors).
- The Corte di Cassazione (i.e. High Court of Appeal) provides the full text of and official maxims for a selection of recent judgments.
- On La Giustizia amministrativa you can find the full text of the judgments of the TAR (Tribunale Amministrativo Regionale, i.e. Regional Administrative Court of Law) and the Consiglio di Stato (i.e. Advisory Council to the Government).
- The online version of the texts of the Court of Justice of the European Union (from 1953 on) and of the General Court (from 1990 on) are available on the community portal EUR-Lex.